Monday, June 27, 2011

Kylie Minogue Kicks Off Her ‘Aphrodite Live 2011′ Tour Here In The US

After touring Europe and Japan, Kylie Minogue has brought her world tour to the US last night and officially kicked off Aphrodite Live 2011 in Boston, MA. Because her US tour isn’t as extravagant as her European tour (ie. no Splash Zone), I was worried what the “stripped down” version of the show would look [...]

Last night was my second of three Prince concerts this week and I am happy to report that last night’s show was just as amazing as Thursday night’s show. As I say all the time, no two Prince concerts are ever the same. There something different in the Prince was feeling last night that gave the show an entirely different feel. I attended last night’s show at The Forum in Inglewood, CA with my good friends Angie and Ollie. With my O(+> tambourine in hand, we made our way to one of the funkiest concerts I’ve ever seen.




Obviously the vantage point from our seats last night was different than our much closer seats from Thursday night but we had a blast nonetheless. There really is NOT a bad seat in The Forum so I have no cause for complaint. Ollie and Angie were just as excited for the show as I was and we all danced and sang the night away. Here is the setlist from last night’s show:


Let’s Go Crazy

Delirious

1999

Shhh

Mountains

17 Days

Lovergirl (Teena Marie cover)

Give It To Me Baby (Rick James cover)

Everyday People

Play That Funky Music

Glamorous Life (Sheila E performance)


Santana Medley: Jungle Strut / Soul Sacrifice / Toussaint L’Overture


The Question Of U

The One

Gingerbread Man

Take Me With U

Raspberry Beret

Cream

Cool (with Bass Jam instrumental)

Let’s Work

U Got The Look


Encore 1:


Make U Feel My Love

Purple Rain


Encore 2:


Kiss

A Love Bizarre

Controversy


Encore 3:


Segment/Medley:


When Doves Cry

Nasty Girl

Sign O’ The Times

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World

Forever In My Life

Darling Nikki

Single Ladies

I Would Die 4 U


Altho last night’s show was a bit shorter, it was FULL of energy. The Forum was more full so that energy played a big part in the show’s success. I’m not even kidding you, I could see Prince perform night after night after night for weeks and not get tired. Tonight, I’m seeing my third Prince show of the week with my really good friends Emma and Josh (neither of which have seen Prince in concert before). I can’t wait … Prince spoke last night about how everyone HAD to come see him tonight so … I’m excited! Altho I’m still not feeling 100%, nothing is going to keep me from seeing Prince in concert as many times as possible ;)


It’s the weekend, y’all!! I hope you have a great one!! :D




Oskar Schlemmer
Announcements for everyone
Franz Marc
The world of info
Aretha Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment