Monday, February 20, 2012

No Doubt Announces The Recording Of A New Album

Tom Dumont of No Doubt has posted a new message on the official Twitter profile for his band No Doubt announcing to the world that the band has already written an album’s worth of songs and they are heading into the studio to begin recording their new album TODAY! Yes!! The band is prolly in [...]

Yesterday was another rainy, cold day here in SoCal so for the most part David and I stayed in doors and under the warm covers. We did venture out last night to hang out with our dear friend Angie and her beautiful daughter Kendall who we hadn’t seen in a few weeks. Angie and I had been talking about hanging out for a while so last night was the perfect opportunity.


We made our way to Sherman Oaks, CA to meet up with Ange and Kendall at The Cheesecake Factory for a bite to eat. Kendall snapped this amazingly cool photo of me on her mom’s iPhone so I thought I would share it with all y’all:




It’s a shame that it was so wet and cold yesterday because we didn’t get much chance to hang out as much as we would’ve liked. It was really great getting to catch up with Angie … I think we are planning on another hang out session later this week. As a former DJ, Angie has got a LOT of vinyl records so we are planning a record party at my place. And speaking of … my new record player has been getting a lot of use in the past few days … I managed to pick up a bunch of really amazing records … including Mantaray by Siouxsie Sioux:




I’m not sure how long this love for vinyl phase will last but I hope for a long time. One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to slow down and appreciate music more, on vinyl as much as possible. I haven’t really spent any real time getting to know albums like I used to. In this age of downloading tracks in seconds and then moving on to the next batch of songs, I have been very lax in getting to know albums. I can’t even tell you the last time I took the time to learn the lyrics of an entire album. Slowing down with vinyl will hopefully help me get back into the practice of appreciating music again.


It’s the first Monday of the New Year, I hope it’s been a good one for you thus far!!




Chester Arthur
creation entreprise
Andy Warhol
week end detente
Doris Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment